White shoes give a classy look to your personality but they get dirty very quickly. If you have no new pair of shoes and you are in search of finding a solution for how to clean white tennis shoes without bleach? Then you are at the right place.
You can clean white tennis shoes using baking soda, vinegar, detergent, and hydrogen peroxide without using bleach.
Follow these steps and get rid of unwanted grit or dust from your favorite sneaker.
How To Clean White Tennis Shoes Without Bleach?
If you are worried about not using bleach on your white tennis shoes to keep them safe from loose threats, and you have no idea how to unyellow white shoes? Following are a few effective home methods that can be used safely.
Using Baking Soda
Before using baking soda on your white tennis shoes, keep in mind to study the leather type used for your sneaker, because some sneakers lose their color if you wash them frequently.
Use the following ingredients in a given quantity.
- Baking Soda 1 Tablespoon
- White Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Hot Water 1 tablespoon
Before washing your white sneakers make sure you have removed excessive dirt from your sneaker. This will help you in cleaning tough stains easily in a short time. To do this, you will need an extra brush in order to clean them.
- Make a thick paste by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Unlace your white tennis sneakers and dab the paste on the entire shoe to cover all the stains.
- Apply the remaining mixture to the laces.
- Then leave your sneakers in the sun for a few hours until the mixture dries completely.
- To remove the mixture from the shoes, brush or clap them together.
- In this process, you don’t need to wash your shoes.
- Now you can lace your shoes with a stunning new look and feel.
This is another best method to make white tennis shoes white again, It is the easiest way to give your sneaker a neat and clean look
Use the following ingredients
- Baking Soda
- Make shoes white again using equal parts of detergent and baking soda and mix both of these ingredients in any pot.
- Before applying the mixture to your sneakers remove extra stains from your shoes using any shoe brush.
- It is not necessary to dip your white tennis shoes in water; simply spray them with water.
- Now apply the mixture on the outside of the sneakers using any old brush.
- Allow the shoes to dry for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Put the sneakers under running water, rinse them well, then air dry them.
- This will remove the stains from sneakers to give them a whiter look.
Using Hydrogen Peroxide
This is one of the best methods to wash white tennis shoes and give them back a whiter look without using any bleach. The following ingredients are required to make a paste for applying to your sneakers
- Baking soda 1 tablespoon
- Hydrogen peroxide ½ tbsp
- Water ½ tbsp
- Combine these three ingredients in any plate and remove extra dirt from your sneakers using any old brush.
- Apply the mixture to your shoes and put them in the sun for 3 to 4 hours.
- Let them dry completely then remove the extra mixture from the shoes using any brush.
- You don’t need to wash your shoes.
How to clean white tennis shoes without bleach? This is an effective way to make shoes white without bleach.
If you want to know how to clean white shoes with toothpaste to give your sneakers a neat and clean look.
Before applying this method keep in mind that use white toothpaste instead of using any color toothpaste. Because color toothpaste will leave stains on your sneakers instead of removing them.
- All you need is a brush and toothpaste.
- Before applying get rid of some dust and dirt from your shoes using an old brush and remove the laces from your sneakers.
- Now apply this toothpaste using a brush on your sneakers.
- Move the brush in a circular motion and also apply this mixture to the laces.
- Leave the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with normal water.
- Let them dry completely.
The above-mentioned methods are easy for people who don’t know how to clean white tennis shoes without bleach.
Precautions while using sneakers for long use
Use the following precautions to keep your sneakers for longer use without applying the above-mentioned methods about how to clean white shoes at home.
- Clean your sneakers on a daily basis, and make it a habit.
- Don’t leave your shoes in sunny weather or in rain. Weather affects shoe quality.
- After using wrap them in your sneaker bag and put them in your cupboard. This will help you to keep your shoes for a long time and you don’t need to wash them again and again.
How to Clean White Shoes? NO BLEACH
How to clean white tennis sneakers without bleach? Above mentioned methods are best for unyellow white shoes. Besides, all the above-mentioned methods are safe if you use all the ingredients in a given amount.