Athletic shoes, such as tennis shoes, are often made with mesh material to provide ventilation and airflow. This is great for keeping your feet cool and comfortable while you work out, but it also means that dirt and dust can easily build upon the mesh. If not cleaned regularly, this can cause your shoes to start looking worn out and dirty. Luckily, cleaning your tennis shoes with mesh is a quick and easy process that only takes 5 minutes! In this article, we will show you how to clean tennis shoes with mesh using just a few simple steps. Let’s get started!
How to wash mesh shoes?
Athletic shoes, such as tennis shoes, are often made with mesh material to provide ventilation and airflow. This is great for keeping your feet cool and comfortable while you work out, but it also means that dirt and dust can easily build on the mesh.
The first step in cleaning your mesh shoes is getting rid of any excess dirt and dust. To do this, turn the shoes inside out and use a brush to sweep away any large pieces of debris or buildup on the shoe. You can also use a vacuum with a hose attachment if you prefer.
Once your mesh material is free of large debris, it is time to get started washing.
- Fill a bucket with cold water and add your favourite detergent (we recommend using gentle laundry detergent or dish soap).
- Submerge the footwear in the bucket, making sure they are fully saturated. This mixture of water and cleaning agent will break up any dirt particles on the mesh fibres.
- Let the shoes soak for ten minutes to loosen stubborn dirt.
- After 10 minutes, drain the water from the bucket and run cold water over the shoes to rinse away any remaining dirt particles.
- Fill another bucket with clean water and use it to completely wash off any detergent residue.
- Drain this clean water once more before allowing the sneaker to dry out on a towel.
- Once your mesh footwear are clean, they are ready to wear!
- To keep them looking their best, be sure to treat them with a fresh layer of shoe protectant every couple of wears.
And that’s it! You can now wear your clean and refreshed tennis shoes with mesh material in comfort knowing that they look great too!
Cleaning White Mesh Shoes
If not cleaned regularly, this can cause your shoes to start looking worn out and dirty. Luckily, cleaning your tennis shoes with mesh is a quick and easy process that only takes 5 minutes! In this article, we will also show you a few more methods on how to clean tennis shoes with mesh using just a few simple steps.
How to clean tennis shoes with mesh using toothpaste?
Step 1: Use an old toothbrush to brush off any large pieces of dirt or mud that are visible on the outside of your shoe.
Step 2: Mix warm water and dish soap (dish soap is milder than laundry detergent, but still has a good cleaning power) together in a small bowl. Dip your old toothbrush into the soap solution and then scrub it along with any areas that have a noticeable dirt buildup. You can also use a damp washcloth to wipe off any visible residue from your shoes.
Step 3: Once you have scrubbed away as much of the dirt as possible, dip a clean rag or towel into the soapy water and rub it across the entire shoe. This will help remove any remaining dirt particles as well as soap residue from the toothbrush.
Step 4: Use a clean rag or towel to wipe off your shoes and dry them thoroughly. Your mesh tennis shoes should now be looking cleaner than ever!
If you wish, you can go back over your shoes with some water and the toothbrush one final time to make sure you did not miss any dirt or debris.
How to clean black mesh shoes with baking soda?
Follow these steps to clean black mesh shoes within few minutes.
Step 1: Mix together 3 parts baking soda (pure) with 1 part water in a small bowl. You want the consistency of your paste to be fairly thick, but still easy enough to spread.
Step 2: Using an old toothbrush, apply the paste to your shoes and scrub it into any areas that are visibly dirty. You may want to double up on your toothbrush for this step if you need additional scrubbing power.
Step 3: Rinse off your shoe with water to remove any excess baking soda mixture.
Step 4: Once you have rinsed your shoes, use a clean rag or towel to wipe them dry. Your mesh tennis shoes should now be looking cleaner than ever!
For the final touch, if you want to rinse one more time, try to not leave any dirt or debris.
How to clean white cloth sneakers?
how to clean white mesh shoes with baking soda and vinegar? Follow these simple steps to give new look to your favorite footwear.
- Use vinegar and baking soda mixture: Spray white cloth sneakers with a 50/50 mixture of water and distilled white vinegar. Sprinkle baking soda over the shoes and scrub them vigorously with an old toothbrush or cleaning brush for 30 seconds, then wipe clean. You can also use this method to clean full leather sneakers as well.
- Use toothpaste: Apply toothpaste to spots on your white cloth sneakers, use an old toothbrush to scrub at the stains. Wash with dish soap and warm water. Rinse well.
- Use a Mr Clean magic eraser: This is an excellent product that will remove tough dirt stains from your white cloth sneakers. Make sure you’re wearing gloves while you’re cleaning them though!
- Use a solution made with water, dish soap, and vinegar: Mix all three ingredients in equal parts together. Apply to your sneakers using an old cotton ball or sponge. Rinse well after cleaning.
How to clean white mesh nike shoes?
If you are confused about how to clean mesh Nike shoes, follow these steps:
- use vinegar and dish soap.
- Use baking soda paste: Apply baking soda paste to your shoes, then rinse with water to remove all residue. Do not do this if you have leather sneakers!
- use an old toothbrush mixed with dish soap.
- Use a Mr Clean magic eraser: This is an excellent product that will remove tough dirt stains from your white mesh nikes. Make sure you’re wearing gloves while you’re cleaning them though!
- Try using water, vinegar, alcohol, ammonia or any other cleaning solution of your choice. Mix it in a spray bottle together with some distilled white vinegar for extra cleaning power before spraying it on your shoe. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then wipe off the dirt and grime.
How to wash mesh shoes in washing machine?
It is not recommended to wash your shoes in the washing machine, But if you don’t have time to wash your favorite sneaker by hand. Follow the below instructions to wash your shoes in the washing machine.
- Use mild detergent if cleaning mesh shoes with washing machine.
- Put white vinegar at the first place of the beginning, or you can use color catcher.
- Fill your washer half full (or less) with water and add tennis shoes at the top of the washer.
- Add 3 to 4 caps of mild laundry detergent, turn on the machine and let it mix for around 15 minutes.
- Drain out but do not rinse! Tennis Shoes should be wet enough that they will squeeze most of the dirty sudsy water out after spinning for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle, start over again in spin mode with another 10 minute cycle rinsing this time!
- Finish by putting your sneaker inside out on a towel and letting them dry.
- Optional: Dryer use medium heat for 40 minutes to an hour (gloves recommended).
Q: What specifically causes my tennis shoes to become dirty?
A: When you are wearing any type of athletic shoe, your feet pick up dirt and dust from the outside. Although mesh is great for ventilation, it also means that all that debris can easily get into your shoes! This not only causes them to look dirty, but it can also cause damage over time. For this reason, it’s important to wipe down your mesh sneakers at least once a week or more if needed.
Q: Is cleaning my tennis shoes with mesh difficult?
A: Not at all! Cleaning white cloth sneakers with mesh should be an easy endeavor as long as you follow our 4 simple steps above.
Q: Will my sneakers be shiny after cleaning?
A: No. Mesh material is non-shiny by nature so your tennis shoes will not have a shine once you are finished cleaning them! If you want to add some shine back into your white mesh running shoes, simply apply a thin coat of shoe polish when they are dry. This will give your sneakers a nice bright look without making them appear too slick or slippery.
Q: Can I put mesh sneakers in the washer?
A: No. We mentioned above that it’s not a good idea to put your footwear in the washer. If you don’t have time to hand wash them, try using a wet cloth to wipe down your shoes and then leave them in a well-ventilated area to dry or put in a dryer with precautions.
It’s important to clean your tennis shoes regularly so they stay in good shape and don’t look dirty. If you want them to look their best throughout their lifespan and want to learn how to clean tennis shoes with mesh, simply follow these steps, and your tennis shoes with mesh should be looking new again in just 5 minutes!