As we all know, shoes come in a variety of sizes. You might be wondering how to shrink shoes if they’re too big for you!
You can shrink shoes by putting them in the sun or with a hairdryer. You can also put some newspaper into your shoes to make them snugger.
In this blog post, I will teach you how do you shrink shoes using easy methods. Read on to learn more.
How do you shrink shoes?
You can shrink your shoes using a washing machine or by hand, Since footwear is made of different materials, contracting them with the washing machine will have varying effects. Following are different types of footwear and their shrinking effect on them.
- Leather shoes, for example, can shrink by up to half a size if you handwash them.
- Synthetic shoes may not be affected at all if they are washed in the washing machine because they are designed to stretch or contract without a problem.
- Rubber shoes that have been treated with a nonporous coating may become more water-resistant after being shrunk.
Using A washing machine
- The best temperature for using the washer is 30°C (86°F). You will need to put your footwear into a mesh laundry bag before adding them to the machine.
- Set the machine on a delicate cycle and use a gentle detergent.
- You can add some salt to the water to help the footwear shrink, too.
- If you do that, though, make sure to wash them with a different load later on so they don’t pick up any strange odors!
Using A hairdryer
How do you shrink shoes with a hairdryer using an effective and safe method, follow these steps.
- Ideally, you should use a warm but not hot hairdryer to shrink shoes.
- The size of the dryer’s nozzle will determine how fast and how concentrated the stream of air is.
- It also makes a difference if the nozzle is pointed directly at the fabric or if it’s kept several inches away from it.
- You should aim to contract your shoes by no more than half a size at a time. It’s important that you don’t overdo it!
- If you feel that the hairdryer is too hot, move it farther away from the shoe and try again.
- Keep in mind that air-drying may take much longer than using a hairdryer.
Shrinking shoes by hand
How do you shrink shoes if you don’t want to shrink in the washing machine, here is an easy method which will easily shrink your footwear without any harm.
- You can contract leather shoes by handwashing them in lukewarm water and then letting them dry completely in a cool environment.
- If you’re in a hurry, put some newspaper inside the footwear to soak up excess moisture and speed up the drying process.
- Something to keep in mind is that the shoes may contract in length but their width becomes larger.
- Another way is using a fan. What you need to do is place your shoes in front of a fan. It works best if the airflow is about 50 cm (20 inches) away from the footwear.
- The trick is to keep moving the footwear closer to and further away from the fan, which will help them shrink evenly.
- Just make sure that the fan doesn’t blow right on them or you risk contracting them too much!
shrink shoes in the sun
If you’re in a rush, there is an easy way to shrink shoe size – by exposing your footwear to direct sunlight. It works best if your shoes are made of mesh, which allows the heat to flow in and out of them. Before you try this method, make sure that your footwear is completely dry because it’s much harder for them to contract when they are moist.
benefits of shrinking shoes
We have covered how do you shrink shoes in this guide, Now there are some benefits of shrinking shoes. For example:
- You feel like you’re walking on clouds when your footwear is snug!
- Your feet’ health is improved because the footwear isn’t squeezing them.
- You save money when your footwear doesn’t wear out as quickly.
- Your footwear looks more stylish and fits better!
- Your footwear will last longer!
For more on How Do You shrink shoes? watch this video.
For more information about how to shrink shoes, you can watch it on the youtube wikiHow channel.
Shrinking your shoes can be a great way to make them fit better. How do you shrink shoes? You can shrink leather shoes with the washing machine or by hand.
It’s best to use a hairdryer if you’re in a hurry! Keep in mind that contracting your footwear is not permanent and may only last for several months.
How do you shrink shoes that are too big?
You can shrink shoes by putting them in the sun, by hand, or with a hairdryer.
How can I make my shoes tighter?
You can put some newspaper into your shoes to make them snugger.
Do shoes shrink in the washing machine?
Shoes can shrink or not depending on the material. Synthetic, leather, rubber shoes may either shrink or stay the same size when washed in the washing machine.
Do shoes shrink in hot water?
Shoes can shrink in hot water when hand-washed in lukewarm water.